At AMC Relocations we understand that it takes more than just skilled packers and knowledgeable movers to make your move worry-free. You need to know exactly what to expect so you are not faced with tough decisions later on. With this helpful task schedule, you will be able to budget your time wisely before your move.
30 Days Prior:
- Decide how much packing you want to do yourself. Then call AMC Relocations for an estimate or fill out or online free estimate form.
- If being relocated at your company's request, find out how much they are willing to pay towards your move.
2 Weeks Prior:
- If you're packing, complete a few boxes per day.
- Notify local utilities of disconnection dates and arrange connection dates with new utilities.
1 Week Prior:
- Prepare your form of payment for move.
- Prepare "DO NOT MOVE" containers you plan to take in your car.
2 Days Prior:
- Transfer fire, theft and other personal property insurance to new home.
- Notify Department of Motor Vehicle of address change.
1 Day Prior:
- Finish packing personal items and pack an Absolutely Necessary" items box.
- Make final check of closets, cabinets, storage bins, etc.
- Be present when the movers arrive or authorize someone to take your place.
- Double check to see that the van operator has been given the exact address of destination along with how and where you may be reached.